It’s time to get to know the city and to meet the place that will be your home for the next few months during your Erasmus experience. Córdoba is a city perfect for students because it is not a very large or small city (it has the perfect size). Besides, the cost of living is really affordable, as you can discover in our post How much would I spend living as an Erasmus in Córdoba. But sometimes it is not enough for us that it is a cheap city, we love doing things for free and Córdoba offers a lot of things to do without the need of spending a single euro 🙂
1. To walk around one of the biggest historic centres of Europe
Walking is always for free in any city, that is a fact, but you will be able to walk around one of the biggest historic centers of Europe in very few cities. Walking around the streets of Córdoba is like wandering around an open-air museum and we are not the only ones who say that, UNESCO rated it as World Heritage in 1984 🙂
2. Eating (yes, yes, you have read properly: You can eat for free)
In Córdoba it is always the perfect time to invade the terraces of all the bars since noontime, and if you go to the right places you can spend the whole weekend eating for free 🙂 To get started, on Friday you should go to La Casa de Muñecas, in Plaza de la Corredera, a bar where you can find typical Spanish dishes with a personal touch that makes everything taste delicious. On Saturdays there is always some bar which organizes a perol, and on Sundays they usually serve a typical dish from Córdoba in La Barbería, for which you don’t have to pay anything, you pay only for the drinks.
3. Visiting the Mosque
As we are pretty sure that you are going to visit it more than once during your Erasmus in Córdoba, it is good for you to know that there are certain hours of the day in which you can visit it for free. Friends, relatives, partners… Everyone coming to visit you will want to visit the Mosque. Now, to visit it for free you will have to wake up early. From Monday to Saturday early birds don’t pay anything from 08.30 to 09:30 am.
4. Swimming in a unique natural setting
There is nothing like a nice walk around the mountain, full of nature, history and ecological richness. All this natural site is known as Arroyo Bejarano and there you can find the Baños de Popea, which is one of the most popular hiking routes in Córdoba. If you want to learn more about this place you can discover more about its history and location here.
In the parks of Córdoba you can find areas with small spaces devoted to sport, with machines to exercise. If you want to make the most of your Erasmus in Córdoba and to feel like a local, you only have to spend one afternoon at Cruz Conde’s Park, also known as “Parque del Colacao” (although we don’t know why). Running around 30 minutes and practice around 20 minutes of exercise in the areas devoted for it is a good way of being fit without spending any money and of meeting the locals of Córdoba.
6. To enjoy one of the most amazing views of Córdoba
You can enjoy these views in The Hermits. It is for sure that during your Erasmus year you are going to visit it more than once and twice, because it is worth it. To get there, you have to spend 40-50 minutes going up one of the hills that surround Córdoba until you reach a group of 13 hermits with a balcony that has one of the most amazing panoramic views of Córdoba. Seeing the sunset there is priceless.
7. Going to the cinema at the Jewish Quarter
The Filmoteca of Andalucía is a space of the “Delegación de Cultura de la Junta de Andalucía”. It has 4 venues located in the autonomous region, in Sevilla, Granada and Almería, and the main venue is the one in Córdoba, located at Calle Medina y Corella, 5. The scheduling normally includes old films, independent productions, short movies and even film screenings of local artists, which you can watch for free or for a symbolic price. If you’re interested, you can check the schedule here, and don’t let people say that Erasmus students only go out to parties!
Can you think about any other plan? Tell us! And don’t forget to check The 7 essentials of Córdoba in order to discover the most charming spots of Córdoba.
- CORDOBA (48)
- Cordoba Erasmus Experience (1)
- Culture (16)
- Events in Córdoba (9)
- Festivals and parties (6)
- Having a drink in Córdoba (2)
- How to get to Cordoba (3)
- Image Gallery (18)
- Leisure (17)
- Others (16)
- Public transport in Cordoba (6)
- Schedules and maps of Cordoba (7)
- Travel (8)
- Trips and travels for Erasmus students in Cordoba (5)
- University (5)
- Useful Information (37)
- Where to eat in Córdoba (4)
More in this category
- Join our Whatsapp groups for international students!
- How to send a package to your home country?
- Going to the pool during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 8 things that you will miss after your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 7 squares of Cordoba you will never forget
- The 6 best apps for travelling
- 7 streets of Cordoba not to be missed
- The Córdoba Fair
- Which neighbourhood to choose for your Erasmus in Cordoba
- Enjoy Flamenco during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Map of Córdoba
- Show at the Royal Stables of Córdoba
- Holy Week in Córdoba: curious facts and itineraries
- Steps to follow during your first Erasmus days in Córdoba
- Renting a room before starting your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Map of the Rabanales campus
- Practise some sport during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 10 things that will confirm Córdoba is the best Erasmus destination
- Useful telephone numbers in Córdoba
- 21 pics of Córdoba that will freak you out
- Renfe Youth Card for trains
- Improve your Spanish during your Erasmus year in Córdoba
- Train schedule and prices to Rabanales
- Museums and monuments opening hours in Córdoba
- Where to have the best “bocadillos” in Córdoba?
- Why should I choose Córdoba as my Erasmus destination?
- Download for free the Guide for Erasmus Students in Córdoba
- Tourist guide of Córdoba
- The best places to go out during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Words and expressions you should know if you are an Erasmus in Córdoba
- Opening a bank account during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Which phone rate should I choose for my Erasmus in Cordoba?
- Salmorejo will be your favourite dish during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Cordoban cuisine: typical dishes and where to taste them
- 8 bars you can’t miss during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- What to write in your checklist for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- The 7 essentials of Córdoba
- 7 things to do for free in Córdoba during your Erasmus
- How much would I spend living as an Erasmus in Córdoba?
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Madrid’s airport
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Seville’s airport
- I’m Erasmus in Córdoba. How can I get to my faculty and other sites of interest?
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Malaga’s airport
- Bus routes and schedules from Córdoba to Rabanales
- The “Bonobús”, a must for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Córdoba Bus Maps and Schedules
- Where to find your SIM card for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- UCO subjects list (useful for the Learning Agreement)
Calle Vázquez Aroca, nº 14, bajo,
Contact Details[email protected]
(+34) 633 76 11 82