We know arriving to a new city and a new country, with a different language and culture it’s always stressful due to doubts or insecurities, but all that is over now. First of all, stay calm. During the first days you’ll be anxious to know what will happen during your Erasmus, but relax, in just some weeks you’ll be very familiar with the city, you’ll have already met most of the Erasmus students in Córdoba and you’ll have got used to your new faculty. Probably your first days won’t be as idyllic as you had imagined, but with a little bit of patience and following these steps, we’re sure you’ll have an excellent Erasmus experience 😉
The first advice is to use the first days to get to know the city and go sightseeing, because later on with the trips, parties, and classes, you won’t have much time to know the city as if you were a tourist. To do so, we suggest you to Download for free the Guide for Erasmus Students in Córdoba. It would also be a good idea to go to your faculty and explore it a little bit before starting your classes.
The next step could be thinking about how to get to Córdoba, which way of transport would be the most convenient one and how much it will cost you. But relax, Córdoba is very well connected and you won’t have any problems to find trains, buses or Blablacar to take you from the airport where you’ll arrive at (Málaga, Sevilla or Madrid) to the city.
Once you are finding out how to get to Córdoba, it will be also interesting to look for students accommodation in Córdoba. There are two different options when it comes to renting a room in Córdoba. The first one would be looking for accommodation online and booking a room in advance. That way, you’ll know for sure that you’ll have a good room when you arrive, because usually the best rooms are booked online. You can also look for accommodation once you arrive in Córdoba, but you have to take into account that you’ll have less options to choose from. If, anyway, you decide doing so, you are more than welcome to come to our office and we’ll show you the available rooms.
If you are thinking about signing up on a Spanish course you have to hurry up, as there are limited spots in the UCO Spanish course for Erasmus students in Córdoba. If you don’t manage to get a place, don’t worry because there are plenty of academies in Córdoba where you can sign up to learn Spanish. Furthermore, people from Córdoba are very friendly, so any of your new friends will help you to improve your Spanish and there also some bars where conversation exchanges are made, like O’Donogue’s and Omundo de Alicia.
Soon after beginning your Erasmus in Córdoba, you’ll have to face the worst part of it, the paperwork! If your faculty is one of those that take in hundreds of Erasmus each year, it will be easier for you to solve the possible problems, as they will be used to do so. If you’re feeling overwhelmed just by thinking of the necessary papers, you can join our Facebook group and ask other students who spent their Erasmus in Córdoba and could help you out.
We know that one of the main worries for Erasmus students has to do with money. However, you have chosen Córdoba as your Erasmus destination which apart from being a beautiful city, it’s also very cheap. You can check it on our post How much will I spend as an Erasmus in Córdoba.
We hope our suggestions will help you a lot, don’t give up during the first days!
- CORDOBA (48)
- Cordoba Erasmus Experience (1)
- Culture (17)
- Events in Córdoba (9)
- Festivals and parties (6)
- Having a drink in Córdoba (2)
- How to get to Cordoba (3)
- Image Gallery (18)
- Leisure (17)
- Others (15)
- Public transport in Cordoba (6)
- Schedules and maps of Cordoba (7)
- Travel (8)
- Trips and travels for Erasmus students in Cordoba (5)
- University (5)
- Useful Information (37)
- Where to eat in Córdoba (4)
More in this category
- Recipe of gachas for Erasmus in Córdoba
- How to send a package to your home country?
- Going to the pool during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 8 things that you will miss after your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 7 squares of Cordoba you will never forget
- The 6 best apps for travelling
- 7 streets of Cordoba not to be missed
- The Córdoba Fair
- Which neighbourhood to choose for your Erasmus in Cordoba
- Enjoy Flamenco during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Map of Córdoba
- Show at the Royal Stables of Córdoba
- Holy Week in Córdoba: curious facts and itineraries
- Steps to follow during your first Erasmus days in Córdoba
- Renting a room before starting your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Map of the Rabanales campus
- Practise some sport during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 10 things that will confirm Córdoba is the best Erasmus destination
- Useful telephone numbers in Córdoba
- 21 pics of Córdoba that will freak you out
- Renfe Youth Card for trains
- Improve your Spanish during your Erasmus year in Córdoba
- Train schedule and prices to Rabanales
- Museums and monuments opening hours in Córdoba
- Where to have the best “bocadillos” in Córdoba?
- Why should I choose Córdoba as my Erasmus destination?
- Download for free the Guide for Erasmus Students in Córdoba
- Tourist guide of Córdoba
- The best places to go out during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Words and expressions you should know if you are an Erasmus in Córdoba
- Opening a bank account during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Which phone rate should I choose for my Erasmus in Cordoba?
- Salmorejo will be your favourite dish during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Cordoban cuisine: typical dishes and where to taste them
- 8 bars you can’t miss during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- What to write in your checklist for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- The 7 essentials of Córdoba
- 7 things to do for free in Córdoba during your Erasmus
- How much would I spend living as an Erasmus in Córdoba?
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Madrid’s airport
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Seville’s airport
- I’m Erasmus in Córdoba. How can I get to my faculty and other sites of interest?
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Malaga’s airport
- Bus routes and schedules from Córdoba to Rabanales
- The “Bonobús”, a must for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Córdoba Bus Maps and Schedules
- Where to find your SIM card for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- UCO subjects list (useful for the Learning Agreement)
Calle Vázquez Aroca, nº 14, bajo,
Contact Details[email protected]
(+34) 633 76 11 82