It doesn´t matter if you’ve been living in Córdoba as Erasmus for a while by now or if you just arrived, because this post may result very useful in both cases. Surely that you did ask yourself many times how to get to some place in the city and you didn´t find out the best way.
Below, there is a list of the most important or interesting places in Córdoba for a Erasmus and how to get to these:
FACULTY OF PHILOSOPHY AND LETTERS (Plaza del Cardenal Salazar, 3)
The best way to get to this Faculty is by foot because is placed in the middle of the Jewish Quarter and the streets are too narrow for buses. If you are living in Ciudad Jardín or in the center of the city, which are the areas where most Erasmus students use to live, it won´t take too long. But if you live further and don´t have any other choice than using the bus, you can get off at the bus stops called “Glorieta de la Cruz Roja” or “Glorieta de la Media Luna”, depending on the direction of the road and on the part of the city from which you are coming). The bus lines that stop here are the 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and the 12.
FACULTY OF LAW (Puerta Nueva s/n)
If you are living at the city center, the best option is to walk there (it won´t take you more than 20 minutes, depending on the area of the city where you are living). But if you are of the Erasmus who live in Ciudad Jardín, you can get on the bus 7, that stops in Plaza Costasol and get off at the stop called “Campo Madre de Dios”. For the way back, get on the same bus at the stop called “Virgen Milagrosa 2º D.C.”
FACULTY OF LABOUR SCIENCES AND TOURISM (C/ Adarve 30)
To get to this Faculty, placed at the center of Córdoba, you can get on the bus number 7 in Costasol Square, in Ciudad Jardín, get off at the bus stop called “Ronda de los Tejares (C/ Caño)” and walk 5 minutes through Colón Square.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION SCIENCES (Avda. San Alberto Magno, s/n)
If you are living at the center of Córdoba you can get on the bus number 2 at the bus stop called “Colón Norte”, “Ronda de los Tejares (12 de octubre)” or “Ronda de los Tejares (Gran Capitán)”. You can also use the line number 5, getting on the bus at the stops “Gran Capitán” or “Ronda de los Tejares (Gran Capitán)”. For those Erasmus living at Ciudad Jardín and who don’t want to walk, the bus number 5 stops at “Avenida del Aeropuerto 1”. You can get off at the last bus stop: “Hospital Reina Sofía” and walk around 5 minutes to the Faculty.
FACULTY OF MEDICINE AND NURSING (Avda. Ménendez Pidal s/n)
You can get on the buses number 2 or 5 at the same bus stops that we have explained before to go to the Faculty of Education Sciences and get off at the bus stop “Colegios Mayores D.R. Sofía”. For the way back, get on the bus on the bus stop that is at the other side of the street “Colegios Mayores”.
You have to get on the bus E or the “Servicio Rabanales” bus and get off at the bus stop called “Campus Rabanales”. You can also take the train to Rabanales, that is a faster and much more comfortable alternative.
You can take the bus number 7 at Costasol Square (if you are living in Ciudad Jardín) or at “Ronda de los Tejares (Bulevar G. Capitán)” if you live in the center of Córdoba and go off at the bus stop called “Cuesta de la Pólvora”. To go back, you can take the bus number 3 at the bus stop called “Campo Madre de Dios (Agustín Moreno)” and go off at Paseo de la Victoria.
To get there, the only possibility is to take the bus number 01 (Caution: don’t get confused with the bus line 1!). You can take it at the bus stop “Paseo Victoria (Puerta Gallegos)”, “República Argentina” or at “Medina Azahara 2” and go off at “Parque Logístico”. Ask to the driver and he will tell you once you get to the bus stop, although probably you will see Decathlon easily. For the way back, take the bus 02 at the bus stop called “Parque Logístico D.C.” and get off in Medina Azahara or in Paseo de la Victoria.
You can check the schedules and routes for the bus lines 01 and 02 here.
“EL TABLERO” CINEMA
You have to take the bus number 5 and go off at the bus stop called “Cañito Bazán”. From there, walk straight on during 7 minutes approximately.
You have to take the bus number 6 and go off at the last bus stop, called “Libertador A. de Santa Cruz”. WE DON’T RECOMMEND TO GO TO THIS CINEMA IF YOU ARE GOING TO COME BACK LATE, WHEN THERE IS NO BUS SERVICE. It might be a dangerous area at night.
You have to take the bus number 2, go off at “Arcos de la Frontera 1ª” and walk from there around 8 minutes.
HOSPITALS AND HEALTH CENTRES
PROVINCIAL HOSPITAL AND REINA SOFÍA HOSPITAL
You can take the same buses to go to the FACULTY OF EDUCATION SCIENCES or FACULTY OF MEDICINE.
“CASTILLA DEL PINO” HEALTH CENTER
You can take the bus number 4 in Ronda de los Tejares and go off at the bus stop called “Centro Sanitario Castilla del Pino”. For the way back you have to take the same bus number, but the bus stop is different and is called: “Centro Sanitario Castilla del Pino D.C.”.
Get here more info about bus lines!
If you need further information on getting to any other place, don´t hesitate to ask us!
- CORDOBA (48)
- Cordoba Erasmus Experience (1)
- Culture (16)
- Events in Córdoba (9)
- Festivals and parties (6)
- Having a drink in Córdoba (2)
- How to get to Cordoba (3)
- Image Gallery (18)
- Leisure (17)
- Others (16)
- Public transport in Cordoba (6)
- Schedules and maps of Cordoba (7)
- Travel (8)
- Trips and travels for Erasmus students in Cordoba (5)
- University (5)
- Useful Information (37)
- Where to eat in Córdoba (4)
More in this category
- Join our Whatsapp groups for international students!
- How to send a package to your home country?
- Going to the pool during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 8 things that you will miss after your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 7 squares of Cordoba you will never forget
- The 6 best apps for travelling
- 7 streets of Cordoba not to be missed
- The Córdoba Fair
- Which neighbourhood to choose for your Erasmus in Cordoba
- Enjoy Flamenco during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Map of Córdoba
- Show at the Royal Stables of Córdoba
- Holy Week in Córdoba: curious facts and itineraries
- Steps to follow during your first Erasmus days in Córdoba
- Renting a room before starting your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Map of the Rabanales campus
- Practise some sport during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- 10 things that will confirm Córdoba is the best Erasmus destination
- Useful telephone numbers in Córdoba
- 21 pics of Córdoba that will freak you out
- Renfe Youth Card for trains
- Improve your Spanish during your Erasmus year in Córdoba
- Train schedule and prices to Rabanales
- Museums and monuments opening hours in Córdoba
- Where to have the best “bocadillos” in Córdoba?
- Why should I choose Córdoba as my Erasmus destination?
- Download for free the Guide for Erasmus Students in Córdoba
- Tourist guide of Córdoba
- The best places to go out during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Words and expressions you should know if you are an Erasmus in Córdoba
- Opening a bank account during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Which phone rate should I choose for my Erasmus in Cordoba?
- Salmorejo will be your favourite dish during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Cordoban cuisine: typical dishes and where to taste them
- 8 bars you can’t miss during your Erasmus in Córdoba
- What to write in your checklist for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- The 7 essentials of Córdoba
- 7 things to do for free in Córdoba during your Erasmus
- How much would I spend living as an Erasmus in Córdoba?
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Madrid’s airport
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Seville’s airport
- I’m Erasmus in Córdoba. How can I get to my faculty and other sites of interest?
- How to arrive to Cordoba from Malaga’s airport
- Bus routes and schedules from Córdoba to Rabanales
- The “Bonobús”, a must for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- Córdoba Bus Maps and Schedules
- Where to find your SIM card for your Erasmus in Córdoba
- UCO subjects list (useful for the Learning Agreement)
Calle Vázquez Aroca, nº 14, bajo,
Contact Details[email protected]
(+34) 633 76 11 82